Are you looking for a stylish pair of Best Frye Boots that are made in the USA? Then do not worry anymore, Frye boots are here for you. Most of us prefer stylish, durable, and comfortable boots. For over a century now, Frye company has specialized in making high-quality leather boots for both men and women.
With long experience in bag, cloth, and shoemaking, Frye manufactures fashionable footwear that prioritizes top-notch craftsmanship and quality. Women’s boots have various styles that range from essential everyday shoes to knee-high pairs that are ideal for a night out.
To help you understand these boots, we have done an in-depth review of the various highly rated brands. The study we have done is based on best-selling, promotions, and customer rates. The purpose of doing this is to help you choose which Frye boot is best for women. They include
Top Picks : 5 Best Frye Boots
Top 5 Best Frye Boots Reviews- 2021
1. Frye Women’s Harness 12R Boot
Harness 12R is our top list Frye boots, the boot has a high rating, and it is gorgeous designed with sturdy material. It is a rugged boot that helps your work to be done. The boot is made of durable material that lasts for the long, lifted heel, memory foam, and high-quality insoles.
The boot has a classic design with a studded leather strap within the ankle provides a stylish look. Harness 12R stands out with its top-notch leather that is durable and lasts for an extended period. The inner lining is soft, something that most women have praised and saying that it makes them versatile and appears excellent to be used every day.
The boot also features a cushioned shock-absorbing memory insole, making it accessible in any step you make. This is ideal for saving the stress your body may get while walking. This durable design has a shaft and boot opening that measures 11 and 15 inches, respectively.
The Harness 12R has an oil-resistant sole making the boot have a strong grip on slipping surfaces. This makes the boot the best option for working in oily areas like in a mechanic shop.
- Classic design that is ideal to many women
- Made in the USA
- Made of durable, high-quality material
- Have a solid and durable design
- They tend to be narrow; hence they are not ideal with those with wide feet.
2. Frye Women’s Veronica Short Boot
Veronica Short Boot is a top pair with a classic design that you need not to miss. The beautiful color and the design of the boot is an excellent feature that makes the boot ideal. Its style features two antiqued logo buckles, one at the ankles while the other on the opening.
The Veronica short boot is made of 100% leather and a rubber sole with a stacked 1-inch heel leather. This leather outsole provides comfort and traction of high quality to the boot. The boot’s cushioned foam insole also ensures that there is extra inside comfort and relieves your feet from any shock when you are walking.
The two buckles of the boot are adjustable to ensure that your feet are experiencing the perfect fit. You are able to move or adjust them to the correct measurement you require for your comfort level. The round toe design of the boot ensures that your metatarsals can move all day freely.
The Veronica short boot’s opening and shaft measure 13 and 9 inches, respectively, making it a relaxed fit and a cool look. Veronica short boots are long-lasting and have a Goodyear welt construction with the best heel height and comfort.
They feature a streamlined moto-style shoot bootie. The cute ankle boot will look great when combined with the best clothing like military green skinny jeans.
- Great arch support
- It is made of excellent quality material
- Well-cushioned insole
- Stylish and durable
- It is easy to break-in
- It may require a half size smaller
3. Frye Women’s Melissa Button Back-Zip Boot
The Melissa button boot is a top versatile and unique designed boot that can be used for anything in your closet. The boot is made of antiqued leather with a classic riding shape that makes it appealing and stylish to users.
The well-crafted rich leather Melissa Button boot features a rounded toe and a low stacked heel that is good in feet support. The equestrian-style tall boots are contoured via the ankle with a flattering shape to protect the above feet.
The boot features a hard-wearing design that is of the current style that is of updated style. The lining and footbed are made of leather that makes it feel good and comfortable. It also has a dual button embellished pull that makes it easy to break in the boot.
The Melissa Button has a shaft that measures 12.5 inches and a slightly higher heel, and tough soles that provide long-lasting comfort, which you can use every day. These boots are currently a hot cake to Frye fanatics.
- Excellent fit to your feet
- Made of high-quality and durable material
- Look gorgeous
- The color fades off quickly if one uses protective sprays
4. FRYE Women’s Paige Tall Riding Boot
Paige Tall Riding boot is a top choice for all those who love the taller boot style, which stands out to be the best suede-like leather. The 100% gorgeous leather from this boot has a classic riding boot shape with an overlapping front panel and intricate stitching.
The classic style shows excellent craftsmanship and high-end quality, finely tailored leather on the upper and tonal welt stitching. The boot cushioned insoles and ultra-soft leather covers your feet well and ensures that it is well protected and comfortable.
The Paige Tall Riding shoes have a layered shaft that measures knee-length and low stacked leather heels of 0.5 inches. The boot also features mini pull tabs essential for easy put on and take them off quickly. The insoles have a well-made lining that ensures there is comfort to your feet
- Made of soft-top leather that is stylish and durable
- It has an excellent quality
- Easy to put on and take away due to the mini pull tabs
- The style is somehow a little bit heavy.
5. Frye Women’s Veronica Combat Boot
Veronica combat boot is one of the top-rated boots that makes its presence be known in the market. The streamlined silhouette, unique leather, and perfect fit and design distinguish this boot from others.
The soft vintage leather is handmade in a way it looks stylish and loves the look. Veronica combat is designed in a way that it can withstand the hard environments without being affected. They feature a Goodyear Welt construction of 100% leather material that is durable and a rubber sole that offers perfect comfort padding.
The boot shaft measures 6.5 inches with a heel of 1 inch, and this helps to add a bit of boot height and making the boot look more precious. The combat-style ankle and classic lace-up make it easy to put and take off the boot easily.
The leather insoles are well cushioned, and they help to absorb shock on the feet as you keep walking. The charcoal, soft Italian leather boot features a streamlined silhouette that makes the boot look great.
On the opening are pull tabs on the back of the feet that help you easily pull up your boot when wearing and easily take them out. Veronica combat price is not that high, and you can afford it.
- It has an ideal tall boot shaft
- The upper is made of high-quality and durable leather
- Has an excellent boot opening
- They look beautiful
- Break-in easily and also take them easily
- The boot outsole quality is questionable
How Do Frye Boots Fit?
Most Frye boots are made with a true size that fits on different users. The circumference of longer boots on their ranges is indicated on every model to ensure that one is getting the exact size they are looking for.
These sizes are generally roomy and are supposed to fit well on most feet. It is good to mention that Frye boots tend to fit narrow, but with time and wearing, they stretch. With so many Frye boots in the market, each style has its different fits; for instance, Melissa boot comes with different styles, but all have the same fit.
To have the boot with the best fit, you need to check on the heel slippage as it will gradually decrease with time and wear. Always place an order of the boot half size down because the boot will stretch with time. For those who wear wide sizes, you need to order a boot with half plus.
Having the best boot with the best fit depends on the various parameters put in place. If you are not sure about the size, you can measure your calf so that you can decide well on which size to buy.
How To Clean Frye Boots?
Frye boots are initially made with high-quality leather material rugged enough to withstand the rigors, works, and conditions within your area. However, proper cleaning of the boot is vital because it lengthens the boot’s durability and keeps them looking great when you are wearing the boots.
Cleaning the boots requires a simple procedure of gently removing any dirt from them before applying anything else on the leather boot. The procedure includes
- Hold your Frye boots on wastebaskets and gently tap the soles together to loosen and remove any mud or caked-on dirt that has stuck on the soles.
- Wipe away the remaining dirt using a soft-bristled brush or a dry piece of cloth.
- If some dirt is difficult to be wiped with the piece of cloth, apply some small leather cleaner to the area and wipe it immediately using a separate damp piece of cloth.
- Apply a thin layer of leather conditioner on a soft cloth or a sponge and starting from the boot toe and entire boot. Do not cake heavy layer on the boot leather because it might not be absorbed fully because the pores will have been closed.
- On the hidden or less visible boots areas, apply a spray or a cream with a soft cloth and dry areas. Suppose there is darkening or discoloration on your boot. In that case, you need to work on ensuring it has met the required expectation.
- Once you have done this, allow your boot to dry completely for at least one hour before wearing them. This is to ensure that the leather material has been maintained and will last for a long period.
How To Break in Frye Boots?
The top Frye boots are essential boots for anyone who understands how good they are and the quality they possess. When you get your new boot, you might worry about how long it will take to break in your new boots before moving out.
There is nothing that worries you more like wearing too-tight shoes all day, they will make you have blisters, and you may never wear the pair again. To have an easy break into your Frye boots, here are the tips to follow.
- Wear them when around your home
- Start to use them within your offices before you go out to the street
- Buy a plank of wood or any shoe stretcher if you have realized your boot is tighter. Use the stretcher to stretch your boot before you begin to use them.
- Blast some hot air into the boot using the old hairdryer and thick socks. I have used this before, and it worked for me, and breaking into my boot became easy as opposed to earlier.
- Use a professional stretcher if you are not familiar with how to do it by yourself.
- Crush the heel- most people agree that the heel of a boot is the most uncomfortable part of a shoe, and crushing it makes it easy for one to break in easily.
Do Frye boots loosen up?
Yes, they can loosen; if you treat your boot with Frye’s leather dressing, it will help soften up the boot. This will later make the boot have a perfect break-in and have the super comfort you may need. The loosen-up depends on what you are doing with your boot.
Are Frye boots worth it?
If you need a decent and stylish pair of fryer boots, the above review is a roadmap you need to follow to achieve your goal. Frye boots are of high-quality material that lasts for a long period, and therefore you will need to use some good amount to get the best. Most of the boots have been tested and stood up to be best.
How do you stretch leather Frye boots?
We found out that Frye leather boots do stretch out more when you always use them with our review. The more you use them, the more they stretch up. However, if you want to stretch your boot, you can use a boot stretcher that is available in the market, or you keep on wearing your boot as they will stretch.
Can you wear Frye boots in the rain?
Like other leather boots, it is not optimal to use your Frye boots during a rainy season. The good thing here is that the boot holds up for a long period when well-taken care of. So, it’s up to you to ensure that you have cared for your boot to last longer.
Can you get Frye boots wet?
Of course, yes, as we have seen, you can use your Frye footwear during the rainy season. Since they are made of leather, they can get wet; all you need is to avoid water to damage your boot. However, some material is water-resistant, and therefore you need to have proper protective measures.
Frye boots have been in the market for a good number of years. Most of the brands that are available in the market have classic and modern styles that are ideal for women. The company has a good history of making top-quality leather boots that meet the need of its clients.
Most of the styles have a true size, while others do not. If you have a wide foot, you need to check on the width fitting that is perfect for you. Using our reviews on each of the top 5 discussed Frye boots, I am sure you will get a perfect size and stylish boot that is great for you.